[WikiEN-l] Jeff Merkey threatens to sue Wikipedia and Wikipedians

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 13:01:27 UTC 2008

This is all horseshit. Merkey is mad.

Some of his previous lunacy includes this:

"== Right to Edit Policy ==

This policy states that Wikipedia is a free environment for anyone to edit, in compliance with the Wikimedia Foundation Statements and Representations made to the General Public.  If you are approached by any group, admin, or body demanding you participate in cumbersome procedures, RFCs, ARBCOM Proceedings, demand you join their group, or if you are subjected to threats from users of Wikipedia to block you or remove your right to edit, or demand any ''' ''consideration'' ''' of any kind from you in exchange for your ''' ''right to edit'' ''', they are violating Wikimedia Foundation Promises stated to the General Public in exchange for your work here and its representations to the General Public in exchange for financial support from contributors."

He's supposed to be intelligent, so how he keeps on confusing a right with an ability is beyond me.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.