[WikiEN-l] Using Wikipedia unlikely to result in collapse of knowledge

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 21:37:32 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/7/2008 2:36:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  arromdee at rahul.net writes:

I'm well  aware that they're not original research; however, I don't consider
a  spoiler warning to be original research either.  I'm more wondering  if
anyone thinks that spoiler warnings are original research but other  types
of editing-based comments aren't, and if so, how this can be  justified.>>

Spoiler warnings are not original research, they are editorial  decisions.
Thus there would be no *policy* against spoiler warnings, and yet some  editors might disagree with their use.

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!      (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)