[WikiEN-l] How Wikipedia Works is online now

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:03:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:45 AM, AGK <agkwiki at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Not yet! I would like to have one, of course. Producing one will mean
>> taking the HTML and converting it to MediaWiki syntax -- the files for the
>> printed book were laid out in a design program, so it was difficult enough
>> just getting the HTML produced (which is why there was a delay for the
>> online version). We did draft the book in MW, but there were significant
>> changes between the draft and the finished version.
>

> I would have thought the HTML would render fine on-wiki? It doesn't always
> look pretty, but it usually works.

Sure, but regardless: I would like a *good* wiki version :) And
creating the page structure is half the battle.

Note that we answer this question about what HTML is allowed in
Chapter 9, section 4.1, by linking to this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:HTML_in_wikitext

see: http://howwikipediaworks.com/ch09s04.html#html_and_css

:)
phoebe