[WikiEN-l] Are movie trailers "free enough" for Commons?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 21:16:55 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/2/2008 9:47:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

Their  purpose was a marketting one to encourage the
public to see the whole  film.>>

I agree with this analysis and would just like people to understand that a
copyright owner is very unlikely to sue us, unless we're reducing his/her
potential income.  If contrariwise, our work actually creates new income  streams
(as I contend it does in some cases), they will love us and promote  us.

Will Johnson