[WikiEN-l] Cade Metz on Mantanmoreland & Short selling

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 21:27:54 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/2/2008 6:31:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com writes:

The  flattering picture of media power in the hands of WP (we didn't run
Byrne's  line on short selling, so it was ignored by the Wall Street Journal and
New  York Times?) deserves a short response. As in: "Come on!" We're the unique
 reliable source, now?>>

Doesn't it seem like there's a bit of a distinction between
"we didn't run his line" compared to

"he was called a raving lunatic, a psychopathic hoodlum, and driven from WP
on a rail by a group we now know were equally partial and acting in bad  faith"

Just a small difference from what you stated, to what actually  occurred.

Will Johnson