[WikiEN-l] Cade Metz on Mantanmoreland & Short selling

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 22:25:00 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/1/2008 3:16:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

He and  Judd Bagley were kicked off Wikipedia (and keep being kicked
off Wikipedia)  for massive sockpuppeting, harassment and stalking. If
someone does that,  they'll get treated like someone who does that.
No-one could give two hoots  about the content issue, and I'm amazed
you consider it an  excuse.>>

---------------------
You mistake my slant.  I don't consider the content an "excuse" for  his
conduct.
I do however consider content which is dramatically negative, and which
content is being held in place by an insider with a particular
chip-on-his-own-shoulder (COI), but who gradually works his way up to a trusted  position -- to
be not really good news for our project.

Fellow editors could not necessarily know that Mantanmoreland had  undeclared
issues, and I'm not necessarily casting aspirtions on any one else  here or
there.  I'm certainly pleased that Mantanmoreland is gone, at least
apparently.  It seems to me however, that the situation went on quite a bit  too long.

In the meantime, certain high-placed people should not be known to add fuel
to the fire by calling anyone insane.  Which is probably why it took this
long, to get here.

Will Johnson