[WikiEN-l] Cade Metz on Mantanmoreland & Short selling

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 22:10:46 UTC 2008

I wouldn't go that far Thomas.
By the way here is a lazy link to an Arb case on Mantanmoreland
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Mantanmorelan
d_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Mantanmoreland)

The point of the article in The Register, in part I think, is that this
situation of attacking Byrne was allowed to continue for a very very long  time.
And now the FDIC has "fully vindicated him".  I'm not sure if  that is an
accurate way to put it, but it certainly puts the entire history in a  new light
doesn't it?

He was decrying naked short selling for quite a while, while WP insiders
like Mantanmoreland were able to squelch him.  And now he was right, and  they
were wrong, at least per this article.  And it's egg on our face, for  treating
the opposing sides in such a one-sided manner.

Of course we're not alone, since the WSJ wouldn't publish Byrne's article  at
the time, but now Forbes has.