[WikiEN-l] Ayn Rand and Wikipedia

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Nov 12 22:57:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:38 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 11/12/2008 12:47:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> charlottethewebb at gmail.com writes:
>
> In what  way is the history tab unusable? Are you saying you would
> prefer an  alternate view which lists users in descending order by
> number of edits to  the page (rather than listing edits by user and
> timestamp)? There's  something on the toolserver which does just  that..>>
>

> -------------------
> That could fit the bill.  If WP would make something like that an  official
> part of the system.

It's a start (see below).  But it's not usable by print media.

Then we could see at a glance, that an article was 90% by myself or only 2%
> or whatever.

Well, not really.  This only lists number of edits.  Something like
wikiblame (http://hewgill.com/~greg/wikiblame/) would be better, to show
what portions of the actual article were written by which people.  I haven't
given wikiblame a detailed examination though - I suspect it gets the answer
wrong quite a lot of the time.  But something like that, which actually
worked, would be ideal.

I'm not sure if that could easily be incorporated into print media, though.
And for ideological reasons (and altruistic ones, what about all the poor
homeless people without computers!) that particular obsolete format is
considered sacred.