[WikiEN-l] Ayn Rand and Wikipedia

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 12 23:33:41 UTC 2008

Will Johnson wrote:
> In a message dated 11/12/2008 12:47:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> charlottethewebb at gmail.com writes:
>> In what way is the history tab unusable? Are you saying you would
>> prefer an alternate view which lists users in descending order by
>> number of edits to the page (rather than listing edits by user and
>> timestamp)? There's something on the toolserver which does just that..
>
> That could fit the bill.  If WP would make something like that an official
> part of the system.  Then we could see at a glance, that an article was
> 90% by myself or only 2% or whatever.

I'm late to this thread, so pardon me if I'm repeating, but I'm
*glad* that it's not obvious who wrote an article.  I like to
think of Wikipedia as being written by some large number of
anonymous contributors, one of whom happens to be me.  Even asking
whether an article was written 90% by me or 2% or whatever --
to me, that sounds perilously close to WP:OWN.