[WikiEN-l] What to do about our writing quality?

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sun May 25 01:01:16 UTC 2008

2008/5/25 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com>:
> I've seen
> articles where text is added, sources are added, then someone takes
> it out because, perhaps, they say it is unbalanced,

I essentially always revert those kinds of edits.

As a rule, adding material is the way to create balance; I'm not sure
I've ever seen an example where removal of sourced material for
balance is correct, but it could theoretically happen. There probably
should be a bot that reverts all edits that remove material with
references, with the subject line 'pov' (I'm not kidding).

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.