[WikiEN-l] What to do about our writing quality?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat May 24 06:42:34 UTC 2008

George Herbert wrote:
> We're not copyeditor friendly.
>
> That said, a few loud, outgoing copyeditors wandering randomly around
> dropping gems of rewrites here and there might have a wonderful
> effect.  If anyone knows such people, either in the project or
> outside, encouraging them to work on that point would be a very useful
> thing.  Getting past the current copyeditor unfriendliness would be a
> great long term improvement.

That unfriendliness helps to insure that those gifted copyeditors will
soon be out-going.

Keeping them around requires that the guardians of neutral correctness
be willing to engage in a dialogue about how best to improve a page.
Following the structure of a good sentence is not eased when a piece of
text is interrupted by long and frequent in-line references.

Ec