No subject

Fri Mar 14 23:02:16 UTC 2008

lead to content forks, or organizing related articles. The possible
use for specific types of auxiliary content, source as references or
data, does not seem to have been discussed there. I notice Larry
Sanger as a major participant--and Citizendium currently does use
subpages for those purposes among others.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That is, is the decision to turn off subpages just at technical
>> decision because of the problem it causes for articles like [[OS/2]]?
>
> It wasn't just a technical decision. The discussion about why it was
> done can still be found at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Case_against_subpages and
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Get_rid_of_subpages_entirely and other
> pages on meta linked from those.