[WikiEN-l] How to do something about AFD

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 11 08:16:24 UTC 2008

Martijn Hoekstra wrote:
> I was referring to this:
>
> "If you want to try and concentrate efforts to end the deletion
> madness, you might
> want to focus on those five that I list there so we don't spread ourselves
> out."
>
> That does seem a bit pointy, and possibly disruptive in my opinion
It is indeed a bit "pointy". I think that that is necessary. The
deletion proposers have already been pointy for several years.
Campaigns by a group with similar goals and perceptions can be very
efficient if they deal with material in one subject at a time.  Of a
sudden large numbers of articles are proposed for deletion in one
subject area, and an ultimatum is issued to deal with them all in five
days.  This easily overwhelms the knowledgeable editors in that area who
cannot deal with massive attacks on what may have taken years to build
up.  That's pretty pointy too.  Later that same technique can be used in
another subject area with a completely different group of knowledgeable
editors.  It's a divide and conquer strategy.

The campaign to do something about AFD seeks to balance the pointyness.

Ec