[WikiEN-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:21:46 UTC 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Giacomo M-Z wrote:

> The simple fact of the matter here is that those so keen to ruin J
> Wales,
> either have to present some better evidence than this, or shut up, and
> tender an apology with their resignations - and pray he accepts it.

While I do not know Danny well, I've worked with him on the wiki for
years and had several conversations with him. Nothing in any of those
conversations has led me to believe that he would be keen to "ruin"
anybody.

I have no particular opinion on whether he is right or wrong in his
accusations. I suspect, in practice, the answer is somewhere in
between - Jimbo probably made some decisions that were not necessarily
the best, but I would be shocked at any malfeasance on his part. But
the idea that Danny is some black-hatted villain bent on destroying
the project and Jimbo is equally ridiculous.

-Phil