[WikiEN-l] Trivial hatnotes or two-article disambiguations

Zahd owl at spaz.org
Thu Jul 31 04:45:29 UTC 2008

RFC: I'm having a little throw with someone named David over the usage of
hatnotes and whether or not to disambiguate. On the [[sola scriptura]]
article, there's a hatnote which points "for the [[Neal Morse]] album
[[Sola Scriptura (album)]]." I removed this hatnote in favor of a standard
otheruses disambig. The principle here is that the article's substance is
more *substantial than the tangential, and relatively speaking, trivial,
hatnote on top.

David thinks this is some kind of specious subjectivity - that noone can
state whether articles are more or less trivial than others - and in any
case two-article disambiguations are just wrong. I hope others here feel
differently.

-Zahd