[WikiEN-l] Citizendium hits 5000 articles

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:15:34 UTC 2008

I'd agree with charles comments above, but let me rephrase my observation.

Citizendium has, in my opinion, an infinitely larger potential for
maintaining its current systemic bias, unlike wikipedia, which is constantly
correcting this (see things such as User:llrwych's recent devotion to the
history of Ethiopia and the like). The very nature of the cz project and its
base of contributors demands a bias in the topics it gives substantial
coverage to.

Start with intellectual and personal elitism, and you're going to have that
bias show in your work, just like academia. Also just like academia, this
bias doesn't negate the value of the work they do focus on, but you still
have to acknowledge that there will always be holes in their coverage.