[WikiEN-l] Citizendium hits 5000 articles

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:57:20 UTC 2008

On 23/01/2008, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:

> f [[cz:Middle East]] is at all typical, they are ducking some areas.
> It seems like they do have something of a systemic bias problem. Not that
> en:wiki doesn't, but I doubt it's as bad as citizendium's.

I don't think that's really fair. When Wikipedia had 5000 articles its
coverage was mostly made of holes. People are going to write what they
know. They are actively addressing coverage of basic encyclopedia
topics, with lists similar to ours. Also, they're tending to organise
into subject-area working groups (like our wikiprojects) very early
on, and new contributors are getting recruited a speciality at a time.
So expect a certain fractal lumpiness to the coverage ... much like
Wikipedia.

- d.