[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Pedophilia Watch, Wikisposure.com and a strange AfD

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 02:58:10 UTC 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Adult-child_sex_%282nd_nomination%29

This AfD raises a number of interesting questions for Wikipedia -

* How does Wikipedia handle pedophilia related articles? Haphazardly,
in a coordinated way, not at all?

* Is there a method for protecting editors from the sort of exposition
that goes on at sites like Wikisposure.com?

* Can we reasonably expect an article like this that appears to be a
POV-fork to become sufficiently referenced and erudite such that it
isn't a magnet for pedophilia POV-warriors?

* In the past, self-identified pedophiles have been banned immediately
based only on that identification. Now that they have learned to not
self-out (as evidenced by some of the diffs linked to on the
Wikisposure page) is there a 'next step' for dealing with tendentious
editing on this issue?

* The Pedophilia Article Watch (might be messing up the name) is
essentially a research group that seeks out and counters
pro-pedophilia or seemingly pro-pedophilia articles and article edits
(I think). This is obviously a POV-based project, but it represents a
POV that I think few would disagree with. Still, what is the status of
a project like this?

Interested to hear a spectrum of opinions about this,

Nathan