[WikiEN-l] A six-day roll-back poll?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:28:56 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 7:13 PM, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Old hands will remember the perennial proposal to grant non-admins
> rollback facilities. We polled on this for 6 months in 2006, 500 people
> voiced an opinion and we got no consensus.
>
> Well, it's back
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Non_administrator_rollback

ZOMG drama indeed.... but as to the substance of this proposal, I
thought that particular perennial proposal more or less went away when
the "undo" button was instituted on diffs? Hmm, apparently not.

As far as I can tell, the differences between rollback and undo are
that a) rollback shows up in the page history and user contribution
histories as well as diffs; b)  rollback doesn't require you to hit
"save" a second time; c) rollback is easier to make mistakes with
because you can undo more than one diff at a time (i.e. everything by
an author). Am I missing anything?

-- phoebe