[WikiEN-l] en.wiki admin IRC

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:50:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:48 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 2/27/2008 10:23:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> cdhowie at gmail.com writes:
>
> << Let us know when you figure out a mechanism to prevent Wikipedia
> administrators from talking about Wikipedia stuff except on-wiki. >>
> -------------
>
> Same way as always. Admins must follows rules x y and z. Rule Z says Admin
> IRC must only be used for special and rare cases where user-identification
> is
> being discussed.

Please stop replying to only me.  This is a wider discussion; keep it on-list.

Any "Rule Z" here is irrelevant, because there is nothing stopping
administrators from making a channel somewhere else, on some other IRC
server, or some other chat server entirely.  (Jabber, AIM...)

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com