[WikiEN-l] Status of cloak requests

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Mon Feb 25 18:26:39 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I keep seeing lines in my away log complaining about me being lazy and
not setting IRC cloaks, and about people offering their assistance (in
response to kinder notes of me just being busy). I thought I would
clear the situation up. I am on wikibreak at present for most of my
roles but I am still completely dedicated to being our most active IRC
Group Contact (James is also active, but less so) and so this is not
the issue. The reason why no cloaks are being set at present is
different.

Essentially, James and I are trying to redo our paperwork with
freenode to make sure that we are allowed to set the cloaks we do and
also to add new namespaces by popular request, such as wikiversity/
cloaks. The freenode head of staff is the person responsible for
sorting this paperwork with us and unfortunately she has been
indisposed due to injury for some weeks now. This means that we have
been unable to do what we need to do and as a result cloaks are just
sitting in the request system. However, as soon as things are sorted
out *I will set every cloak (assuming it meets the requirements) in
the system in one fell swoop!*

Please be patient and considerate while these problems are sorted out.
Rest assured there is no laziness involved!

Thanks,

[[m:User:Sean Whitton]]
[[m:IRC Group Contacts|Wikimedia IRC Group Contact]]