[WikiEN-l] Sorted

Chris Howie cdhowie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:17:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>  If we restrict ourselves to binary choice here (INCLUDE or DON'T
>  INCLUDE) then we will have one side or the other fairly miserable.

While I do agree with the spirit of your message, the content
disclaimer makes it pretty clear that Wikipedia can make you
"miserable."  I would argue that preventing people from being
miserable, while nice, is not our most important goal.

This does not preclude any action to make Wikipedia "less miserable"
for the protesters, but if not offending people and building a free
content encyclopedia are actually at direct odds with one another then
I think we all know which one should win.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com