[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:05:28 UTC 2008

On 24/02/2008, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/24/08, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>  > Sure! The bot doesn't have admin rights - it flags images that appear
>  >  to be in violation of well-established policies.

> So if the bot flags an image that appears to be a violation of policy
>  and in fact it isn't, I would be free to remove that flag?

Yep. I certainly do. (Or I put the current favoured tag on, or I don't bother.)

I do agree with its vital and useful work - to save us from being
buried under an ever-replenished mountain of blatant fair-abuse, and
remember I'm a BIG FAN of fair use on en:wp - but I certainly don't
expect perfection from it. If you catch the bot making a lot of
errors, a polite note to Betacommand would probably help all.

- d.