[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:00:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/24/08, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sure! The bot doesn't have admin rights - it flags images that appear
> >  to be in violation of well-established policies.
>
> So if the bot flags an image that appears to be a violation of policy
> and in fact it isn't, I would be free to remove that flag?

If the image has a current fair-use justification including the page it's
used on, then that would be a mistaken tagging, and you should flag that to
Betacommand as an error and remove the tag.

That rarely happens, but the vast majority of taggings are correct.

If you see an image tagged that is used properly but not currently properly
justified, add the justification properly and remove the tag.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com