[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 23:46:51 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/24/2008 3:42:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

That  this whole thing is perpetually badly communicated is a failure in  how
Betacommand and others are operating, but that doesn't mean that the  bot is
breaking policy.>>

-------------------------------
You can follow policy while simultaneously upsetting 5 or 50 established
editors.
That is not a rationale for what BCB did.

Not that I agree that BCB is actually following policy.  BCB has, and
continues to refuse any transparency into his process.  So we really can't  tell can
we?

It should be fairly plain that many established editors have issues with  the
situation.  So merely stating that he is or isn't following policy  doesn't
quite get at the core issue.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)