[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:14:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:09 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> By the way, "Fair Use" is not defined based on the appropriateness of the
> image to the article, if you're referring to copyright  law.

No, but there's a reason for our policy which requires appropriateness - the
Fair Use exceptions include educational purposes, and it's a lot easier to
argue that an image is educational when it's used on an article directly
related to the image (the article on the album, person, etc) than on random
others.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com