[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:52:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 2:45 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>  If some photographer has an issue with our use, *they* should be the one to
>  come and point it out and we'd remove the use.  Internal cat-fights over
>  this, based on microscopic views of the terms is really distracting.

The issue on en.wp is absolutely nothing to do with legal fair use in
the contentious cases; yes, there's lots of 'it's fair use because I
wanna' going on, but those cases are simple.

The rest is down to those opposed on ideological grounds to fair use
attempting the death of a thousand cuts, trying to squeeze our use of
fair use down in ever-changing ways.

-Matt