[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 19:40:31 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/19/2008 9:31:06 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

o_0 Er,  no, I'd be referring to the "several thousand" people who put
180,000  signatures on the petition that started all  this.>>>

-------------------
I was looking at this last night.
I tested adding a signature and it doesn't validate the information.

While I was messing around, at least 20 "people" added signatures in less
than a minute.
Since there's no validation, I was considering *how* one could show that
these are being adding programatically.  It's interesting how many are  coming
from Pakistan for example.

Another odd thing I noticed, was that the associated *blog* has such a
paltry amount of traffic.  One would think that with 200 thousand  signatures, at
least a few would add extra comments.  I don't know maybe  I'm just too
skeptical.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)