[WikiEN-l] Pointing domain names at Wikipedia

Thinboy00 thinboy00 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 03:43:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 10:19 PM, Chris Howie <cdhowie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2008 9:41 PM, Meg Ireland <megireland99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sadly, allegations of staff doctoring articles isn't new:
> >
> > http://todaysapatheticyouth.blogspot.com/2006/02/wikipedia-clues-in-to-spin.html
>
> Of course it's not new -- I've seen it happen before my eyes.  (I
> don't recall on which article, but I remember being unhappy about it.)
>
> --
> Chris Howie
> http://www.chrishowie.com
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Crazycomputers

Maybe it would be a good idea to semi-protect articles that have been
"doctored".  That way, the articles can still be updated etc. with
greatly reduced chances of doctoring.  We will, of course, end up
playing whack-a-mole with trying to block any accounts they do
create... although autoblocking helps.  Of course, someone else
probably thought of this already...

--
Sincerely,
Thinboy00