[WikiEN-l] [Fwd: Re: Deletion of large pages]

NavouWiki navouwiki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:41:00 UTC 2008

I hit the send button too soon.

Thank you CW.  Let me see if I can't help you debate the stuff, instead of
debating the people here.  I'll try to work through the logical fallacies,
but I ask in the future we keep them to a minimum.

To your points:

1) I don't think there was a civility issue here.  I criticized the idea as
garbage, and I wholeheartedly believe it is.

2) The intent behind the follow up message was to inform Tim and the
readership that I was separating Tim's idea from Tim.  Tim is a good faith
contributor to the project in many ways.  Having a garbage idea is ok.  It
is allowed.  It does not make anyone less faithful to the project.

3) I want to encourage posting to folks talk pages rather than asking for
desysoppings.  I want to encourage dispute resolution.  This was not jabbish
or lipservice.

4) I did not express a concern regarding the injection of null edits into
the main page, I do express concern with changing the code of MediaWiki.
This list however may not be the proper venue.

Your characterization of my behavior in no way delegitimizes my argument.
Try not to poison the well here.

Regards,
Nathan (Navou)