[WikiEN-l] What the fuck.

NavouWiki navouwiki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:15:05 UTC 2008

Is there a mod about?

Merc

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Flameviper
Velifang
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 5:29 PM
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] What the fuck.

The point of the logs wasn't that this was a fluke taken out of context.
It's a pretty regular occurence.

When you say "Flameviper is a notorious troll", I don't know whether to
laugh at the stupidity or cry at the idea that people actually believe it.
A troll? Wow, that's rich. When have I ever trolled anything? Never. I've
annoyed people from time to time, but guess what? If you don't like someone,
that doesn't mean you have to ban them. Ignore them and get on with life.
The only reason I discuss my ban on IRC/mailing list/etc is because I'm
banned. What a great self-fulfilling prophecy! Ban someone and then complain
when they get pissed off because you banned them!
Maybe, just maybe, if I wasn't banned, I wouldn't complain about being
banned.

And secondly,  "notorious"? What the fuck does that mean? It's not like
you're talking about WoW, ED, the GNAA, or Blu Aardvark. On-wiki, I got a
bad reputation and some people decided that I was evil. Same thing happened
on IRC. Of course, everyone simply ignores the fact that I have >2,000
mainspace edits, wrote multiple articles, and wade through backlogs on a
regular basis. If you acknowledged the fact that I was a legitimate
contributor, you would no longer be able to label me as a "troll" and
ostracize me!

The fact is, I've come back under a couple different names, and haven't done
any "trolling" with either. If I'm so notorious, wouldn't I get blocked for
disruption without the help of a checkuser? If someone's a perfectly normal,
productive contributor, why block them?

The fact is, just because I got a bad name a while ago, a few people have
taken it upon themselves to man a crusade against me, and put their personal
grudges before the project.

Wikipedia is a fucking encyclopedia. If someone is editing productively and
not disrupting, there is no reason to block them. Instead of bitching about
pointless shit, how about we actually try *doing something*?