[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 2 03:21:00 UTC 2008

George Herbert wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 4:47 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not remotely. Vast majority of our information is uncited.
>>
>> And that's a bag thing.
>
> I assume you meant "bad"
>
> In my opinion, yes - it would be nice to have a cite for everything.
>
> It's also a horrible mistake to, for example, run through WP articles
> and either delete everything that isn't cited, or all articles without
> RS, or both.

Indeed.

It's important to remember that {{fact}} means "This fact is
uncited, so you, the reader, might want to take it with more
grains of salt than usual."  It most certainly does *NOT* mean,
"this uncited fact will be deleted forthwith if you, the POV
editor who inserted it, do not supply a citation (to my
satisfaction) pronto."