[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:37:56 UTC 2008

On 02/02/2008, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> That was the original idea, I agree, but we've moved on from that.

Not remotely. Vast majority of our information is uncited.

>We
> long ago accepted that simply adding what you know doesn't work

For the most part it does work.

> since
> there is no way for people to trust it.

I can produce fake cites that you could not reasonably check.

> We now do require people
> source things, we just aren't very good at enforcing it (I believe it
> was Jimbo that said people shouldn't be tagging dubious statements
> with {{fact}}, they should just be removing them completely).

Jimbo has very few article edits over the last year but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Church_of_Reality&diff=prev&oldid=182352212

--
geni