[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:33:27 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:

> We now do require people
> source things, we just aren't very good at enforcing it (I believe it
> was Jimbo that said people shouldn't be tagging dubious statements
> with {{fact}}, they should just be removing them completely).

{{fact}}

Or, to be less cavalier, we now require sourcing as the major way to
resolve accuracy disputes. We do not, as a matter of policy, and never
have required sourcing for things that nobody is suspicious of, and we
do not encourage any sort of Cartesian doubt.

Or, if we do, it's a new and foolish development.

-Phil