[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:08:04 UTC 2008

Deleting poorly sourced articles that cannot be improved is not a bad
idea. Enshrining the idea that we must do so on the level of policy,
however, is a terrible idea.

Why? It is something we must do. I guess the difference is that people like
you think it's just "not a bad idea"  and a necessary evil. I think it
improves the encyclopedia.  Seeing crap stubs that have sat uncited and
untouched for years go down the tube is a relief. I don't have to worry
about some newspaperman latching on to them or little billy getting an F
over them.