[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:10:46 UTC 2008

On 01/02/2008, Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now might be an interesting time to mention the usual excuse when
> religious fanatics are blowing up a market, an embassy or a subway
> train: Islam means peace.
>
> Did I say excuse? I am sorry, I meant refutation. The excuse is
> usually a variation of "You offended me".
>
> Next time, one out 1 billion muslims forgets his/her good manners, the
> ones responsible are: You, Wikipedians, thanks to our policy to spread
> knowledge (which we all know is the greatest enemy any kind of
> religion).
>
> A nice place to observe peacefulness under the label of a religion can
> be found at a petition
> http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?mjk123&1 to the
> "Wikepedia Authorities" to apply sharia to wikipedia.org content, as
> interpreted by the undersigned.  The petition can be found at
> http://www.petitiononline.com/mjk123/petition.html
>
> Mathias

They've got 50 sigs big deal. Yes having the images of Mohamed in the
Mohamed article is upsetting Muslims but so far ~<1% of responses to
the larger online petition (now up to 62K sigs) have suggested
violence. Compares well to things like animal rights or flag buring or
other silly things westerners get upset about.

--
geni