[WikiEN-l] Speedy deletion

toddmallen at gmail.com toddmallen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:55:52 UTC 2008

That's already been discussed several times. It's really not feasible with the current load on speedy. The standards to avoid speedy (make a basic assertion of importance, provide sufficient context so someone will know what you're talking about, don't attack or advertise, don't post blatant copyvios) are really pretty minimal. If an article doesn't meet even these minimums, there's no reason to keep it around for an hour or at all. We can solve biting problems by being nice when speedying, not by failing to do it when needed.
	If we want to reduce the likelihood of speedies, let's restrict new article creation to those with a minimum number of mainspace edits to ensure at least some experience with content policies. This would also deter a lot of page creation vandalism and "JOHN IS A (insert expletive here)" and "We are the leading widget provider..." type garbage.