[WikiEN-l] Biography of Living persons

toddmallen toddmallen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:36:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia)
<newyorkbrad at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Correct. Opt-out will violate NPOV.
>> - d.
>>

> Why?
>
> Newyorkbrad

Because then the subject of any given biography can say "Remove the
parts I don't like or I'll request opt-out." In essence, it means we
can only have hagiographies approved by subjects and/or their PR
department. We should be careful to impeccably source and duly weight
negative or controversial information, and note that it is in dispute
if it is. We should -not- remove it upon request if this is done.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.