[WikiEN-l] Expanded diff options

Mackan79 mackan79 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 03:50:42 UTC 2008

Has anyone floated the idea of a second "diff' button on Special:Watchlist
to cover a slightly longer period?

I was just thinking this could do two things: 1.) Make it easier to catch
vandalism, and 2.) Promote review of changes in general.

I don't do much vandalism patrol, but I think one reason pages lose quality
in general is that tracking long watchlists is too difficult.  You either
check every edit, or if you don't, then you have to navigate through page
histories which requires a.) several clicks and b.) recalling when you were
last up to date.

If so, a longer one-click option would seem beneficial.  Something like 10
or 20 edits, maybe (or even adjustable, like the watchlist's length).
Thoughts?

Mackan79