[WikiEN-l] NOR contradicts NPOV

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 01:26:19 UTC 2008

My position has always been that quoting can never be original  research.
It's source-based research.  You, as an author, are not creating the  words
you're typing, you're repeating them.
So it's not original.
Now if you use those words to refute a secondary-source argument, then
that's a bit more of a borderline position.
But it's not because you're quoting that it's an issue.  Rather, it's
because you are casting a new interpretation up against an older one to try to
dispel it.
That's not really our job here as editors.

Will Johnson

In a message dated 12/28/2008 4:01:42 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,