[WikiEN-l] Subscription idea

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 23:34:25 UTC 2008

<<In a message dated 12/26/2008 3:25:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
saintonge at telus.net writes:

I  wouldn't consider "WTF" by itself to be hostile.  I view it as an
expression of great surprise.>>

I would hope it would be fairly apparent, that if I respons with "piss off
with your attitude" that I am, in fact, responding to a hostile message.
Otherwise why would I mention "your attitude" ?

To me "WTF" says "YOU ... ARE... AN... IDIOT" I have to hold your hand and
speak slowly.

It is not *my problem* to demonstrate that my own statements are backed  with
evidence.  That is up to the person speaking.  If I say {{fact}}  it is not
my requirement that I find the evidence.  It is the requirement  of whoever is
asserting the statement.  That is one of the core  foundational procedures we
have had in place in-project for years.  You are  the one saying it... so you
show the evidence.

When I ask what the evidence is, to be responded-to with a "wtf" says to  me
" I can't believe we have to prove the sky is blue to this guy!"

It's quite hostile.  In my world.  Population one.

Will Johnson

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.