[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 02:10:13 UTC 2008

on 12/24/08 8:43 PM, Soxred93 at soxred93 at gmail.com wrote:

> If we rangeblock all of Verizon, we're giving Grawp exactly what he
> wants. He wants to cause disruption, and causing a huge rangeblock is
> success for him.
>
> X!

You are absolutely right. This person (and his parents) need to have an
authority - in his face - ordering him to stop; and spelling out - in clear
detail - the consequences if he does not. This includes taking away his
weapon: his computer.

Marc Riddell

> On Dec 24, 2008, at 5:10 PM [Dec 24, 2008 ], Martijn Hoekstra wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Jay Litwyn <brewhaha at edmc.net> wrote:
>>> For a newcomer to this thread, the abuse is in the what will only
>>> stand for
>>> ten seconds category, and as far as I know, the user was
>>> addressed. It is
>>> probably even hard to be sure that Hanson does not hav accounts
>>> that he
>>> reserves for honest work.
>>>
>>> The United States Criminal Code, title 18, section 1030,
>>>
>>> I think we would hav trouble demonstrating that wikipedia is
>>> protected
>>> (keyword in the legislation) by anything but tedious labour, and
>>> it's also
>>> hard to show damage in dollar terms, unless all the checkuser
>>> clerks are
>>> paid. I see nothing, because it's legislation geared towards
>>> milnet (domains
>>> ending in .mil). Maybe the secure part of wikipedia would qualify
>>> if they
>>> required bank-signed public keys.
>>>
>>> http://uscode.house.gov/uscode-cgi/fastweb.exe?getdoc+uscview
>>> +t17t20+608+0++%28computer%29%20%20AND%20%28%2818%29%20ADJ%20USC%
>>> 29%3ACITE%20AND%20%28USC%20w%2F10%20%281030%29%29%3ACITE%20%20%20%
>>> 20%20%20%20%20%20
>>>
>>> The search term "computer" should not be necessary, and for some
>>> reason, it
>>> is. If the URL breaks, then start with:
>>>
>>> http://uscode.house.gov/search/criteria.shtml
>>>
>>> or only the domain name. I do not *think* we hav any basis for
>>> criminal
>>> proceedings. Physical, yes. ISPs, as far as I know, cannot compel