[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 22:15:30 UTC 2008

Martijn Hoekstra wrote:

<snip.

>> We should really consider the option of making the rangeblock, with a
>> very clear blocked page, that clearly indicated where users can
>> complain (verizon) about not being able to edit. And only we know for
>> sure that Verizon is in the know, that they do realise there is the
>> option that all of their users are getting blocked because this one
>> abusive account, that they are unable or unwilling to adress.
>>
>> What I would like to know is: Who is currently contacting or trying
>> to contact Verizon, and, if we would consider the step of
>> rangeblocking all of Verizon, there should be on site discussion
>> about this first, at least on the administrators noticeboard.

I tried that with Tiscali to get some action in relation to prolific
sockpuppeteer [[User:WJH1992]], but all I got was whinges about the
collateral damage. I really think that in relation to Jarlaxle/Grawp,
Verizon should be contacted by someone with the standing of, say, Mike
Godwin, although I appreciate he'd probably be reluctant to get involved.