[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Wed Dec 24 10:17:25 UTC 2008

verizon.net is listed at http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/ for having no
operational postmaster@, which is strange, because usually a non-functional
abuse@ comes first (security@ is not operational, either, apparently, no
replies, not even auto). Assuming that I can believe ALL of the edit
summaries...Maybe Grawp can get a public mischief rap. I'll check Virginia's
law book.

Verizon's phone number is a one-way message saying very little other than
introducing you to security@ for things other than spam, so that leaves
their snail mail address and blocking their whole netblock. Hopefully, their
own users will complain to someone who answers at verizon. Can't make that
much noise, myself...just hope that either Durova or Carcharoth is reading
me.

Don't hold your breath for getting this done in formalities before Ukrainian
Orthodox Christmas. Blocking the netblock can be done in short order,
physically, and there might be rules against it. Verizon has over 65536
addresses, though, so I don't think blocking one number at a time is a
sensible use of human time. Some judges lean towards Anne Landers when she
said "No one can abuse you without your permission.".