[WikiEN-l] Subscription idea

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:02:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a pretty neat idea. I think we should start with trying to get access
> to JSTOR. Gmaxwell's objection is one that we should, I think, leave aside.
> JSTOR access for Wikimedia editors would be quite handy, although I'm not
> sure how many could use it or would avail themselves of it were the
> opportunity publicized.

So what happens when our editors start using their access to copy
public domain works hijacked by JSTOR into Wikisource when the
contract Wikimedia has with JSTOR forbids that activity?  Will
Wikimedia tell its contributors that they can't copy these
indisputably public domain works into Wikisource?

Why does it seem that no one in this thread is bothering to even
consider attaching to pre-existing university library access? Must we
always reinvent the wheel?