[WikiEN-l] Scientists told "publish in Wikipedia or else"

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:16:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:55 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/19 The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com>:
>
>> This looks like a genuinely positive experiment that could lead to very good
>> results.
>

> Indeed. I'm mostly worried about the possibilities for Olympic-scale
> n00b-biting.
>

> - d.

Well, hopefully we can all basically agree on the notability of RNA
families and other such info :) I think that a lot of problems with
new contributors disappear if they are not, say, trying to write about
their favorite band or themselves.

But running an active mentorship program would also be good. I wonder
if we need a meta-wikiproject for interfacing with groups of academics
and other experts who want to write about their field in an organized
manner -- referring them to the right subject wikiproject, giving
training, etc. As I recall there was a similar linguistics project
last summer; others?

-- phoebe