[WikiEN-l] Scientists told "publish in Wikipedia or else"

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 16:18:17 UTC 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> 2008/12/19 The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com>:
>

>> This looks like a genuinely positive experiment that could lead to very good
>> results.
>>

> Indeed. I'm mostly worried about the possibilities for Olympic-scale
> n00b-biting.
>

> - d.
>
> _________________

Hey, if you are really worried, and not just actually joking,
why not suggest they go Citizendium way?

As far as I can see, Citizendium went to the lengths of erasing
the whole talk page of Medical Contraception, without any sign
there ever was an extended discussion of that pages idiocys
including a silly spelling error that couldn't be corrected
because the "owner" of that page couldn't be arsed to edit it.

And the page you personally lauded on the BSD Daemon, still
has the Daemon wielding a "Triton" which does not exist as
any kind of implement (hint: it is a "trident")

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen