[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Sarah Ewart sarahewart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:06:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Jay Litwyn <brewhaha at edmc.net> wrote:

> From: "Sarah Ewart" <sarahewart at gmail.com>:
> > I think the only options remaining are to start reporting him to the
> > police.
>
> If anyone else wants to know which police to contact, then these few things
> might be useful. Basically, you would start with...Is this legal?...I don't
> want him on my project, because...and this is how I know who he is. You
> might get some help with that from verizon's abuse contact or their abuse
> phone number. Sometimes, I'll warn ya, you can get more help from abuse
> contacts than cops, just because they're equipped to verify that e-mail
> directed at you came through them.

I agree that sometimes it can be more effective going through the ISP and if
they were able to confirm to the mother that, yes, in fact, this was done
from your IP address, it might help snap her out of her obvious denial.
However, in reference to the police, it's not just a matter of not wanting
him on the project - he's making death threats and threats of sexual
violence against not only our editors and admins but their children as well.