[WikiEN-l] Serious problems with interlanguage links

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Sun Dec 14 11:21:24 UTC 2008

From: "Ian Woollard" <ian.woollard at gmail.com>
(...)

> Interlanguage links are equivalence relations (at best.)
(...)
I don't know. I tend to think that my redirection of "Zeigarnik Effect" to
"Suspense" in English was a hearty recommendation to all languages. Heck,
you can almost feel it in wikipedia with weight of all those plans you hav
for articles that gets SUSPENDED for research you would like to do in old
books that you can't find in your library anymore. My library has the option
of e-mailing receipts for books I've taken out...YAY...now I can archive
them, just in case it was more than ten years ago that I took the thing out,
ay. There was, for instance, this absolutely dandy book on nutrients, and
formatted in a way that might let me exclude Tin and Arsenic if I could just
get estimated figures on probable and incidental exposure, then rule out
benefits from other nutrients. I saw an absolutely crappy list of essential
elements that included Uranium (Holy $#!+ of a Bull!).
_______
[http://ecn.ab.ca/~brewhaha/ BrewJay's Babble Bin]