[WikiEN-l] Anti-intellectualism

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 22:55:17 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/12/2008 1:12:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

Which of  the
literary criticism academics, publications, etc. can be so assumed  to
be accurate is more opaque to the outsider and harder to demonstrate  /
validate, I think.>>

"Accurate" is the wrong word for in-project discussions.
As editors we can only say that a position has been presented, evidence has
been marshalled, the standard approach or theory is, and so on.

"Accurate" here seems to me to be just another name for "Truth".
Even within Physics there are competing theories all supposedly
evidence-based.
We merely have to present the competing views and move on :)

Will Johnson